Transforming the Way the World Travels
Responsible tourism aims to minimize tourism's
negative impacts on the environment and maximize the positive contributions
tourism can make to local communities. If left unchecked, large-scale tourism
development can damage ecosystems, pollute environments and exploit local
communities. But traveling responsibly is not about halting development or
staying home. It is about managing travel and destinations in an
environmentally and culturally responsible way and designing tourism
programs and individual trips carefully, to provide travelers with the
experience they seek, while leaving a positive footprint on their destination.
Learn more about us
- October 2019: CREST releases The Case for Responsible Travel: Trends & Statistics 2019. The latest edition of our annual industry study includes a special focus on impact tourism.
- October 2019: Check out our fall 2019 newsletter for the latest updates from CREST.
- August 2019: CREST is pleased to annouce the appointment of Dr. Gregory A. Miller as our new Executive Director. He assumes leadership from CREST Co-Founder Dr. Martha Honey, who is retiring as Executive Director after 16 years. View our statement to learn about Miller's impressive background.
- July 2019: CREST's newest book, Cruise Tourism in the Caribbean: Selling Sunshine, is now available! Order your copy today.
- March 2019: CREST releases a special 15-year anniversary edition of our annual Milestones report.