Transforming the Way the World Travels
Responsible tourism aims to minimize tourism's
negative impacts on the environment and maximize the positive contributions
tourism can make to local communities. If left unchecked, large-scale tourism
development can damage ecosystems, pollute environments and exploit local
communities. But traveling responsibly is not about halting development or
staying home. It is about managing travel and destinations in an
environmentally and culturally responsible way and designing tourism
programs and individual trips carefully, to provide travelers with the
experience they seek, while leaving a positive footprint on their destination.
Learn more about us
- March 2020: CREST releases our first-ever Impact Report, which tells the story of our work to advance responsible travel in 2019.
- March 2020: Check out our Spring 2020 Newsletter for the latest updates from CREST.
- February 2020: CREST launches the Responsible Travel Store! Visit today to shop our collection of films and other responsible travel resources.
- October 2019: CREST releases The Case for Responsible Travel: Trends & Statistics 2019. The latest edition of our annual industry study includes a special focus on impact tourism.
- September 2019: CREST hosts our third annual World Tourism Day Forum on Impact Tourism: Giving Time, Talent, and Treasure in partnership with the Organization of American States. Visit WorldTourismDayForum.com to view speakers' presentations and watch event videos.
- August 2019: CREST is pleased to annouce the appointment of Dr. Gregory A. Miller as our new Executive Director. View our statement to learn about Miller's impressive background.
- July 2019: CREST's newest book, Cruise Tourism in the Caribbean: Selling Sunshine, is now available! Order your copy today.