The Center for Responsible Travel (CREST) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit public charity, and the majority of our work is funded by donations and grants. To make a secure, tax-deductible donation to CREST, please click here.
Here at CREST, we work to minimize the negative environmental impacts of travel and tourism. Founded in 2003, our mission is to promote responsible tourism policies and practices globally so that local communities may thrive and steward their cultural resources and biodiversity.
We hold several online eco-auctions a year via Charitybuzz, featuring responsible vacation packages from donors who are working hard to operate sustainably. As a small non-profit with BIG goals, the proceeds from these auctions are very important because they provide unrestricted funds that maintain CREST’s day to day operations, internship program, research, and Travelers' Philanthropy program.
Bidding on a wonderful, eco-vacation is a win-win-win, as it:
- helps advance the mission of CREST
- allows you to enjoy a unique and responsible vacation
- positively impacts the places you will visit
Auctions are typically held during the following time-periods:
- Valentine's Day (January-February)
- Summer (June-July)
- Fall (September-October)
- Holiday (November-December)
Travelers: If you're interested in future auctions, please email email@example.com to be added to our email list for updates!
CREST Spring Travel Auction
March 15 - 29, 2016 | www.charitybuzz.com/crest
Thank you to our incredible donors!
Because of these generous companies, we are able to partially fund our work at CREST:
Businesses: Want to Get Involved?
If you represent a high-quality hotelier or tour operator with significant environmental and socially-friendly practices, we'd love to add you to our next auction!
Participating helps to increase your company’s visibility as a sustainably-minded business (this is important! See CREST's 2015 The Case for Responsible Travel), while raising money to ensure CREST can continue to work for you to promote responsible travel.
- Promotion of package on Charitybuzz.com, which caters to a high-end clientele of socially and environmentally conscious bidders. Charitybuzz has a network of 60,000+ active bidders and their website receives 600,000+ unique views per month.
- Visibility through CREST's eco-auction eblasts to our database of over 14,000, which includes mostly experienced , well educated, and upper income travelers.
- Spotlight for your company in a rotation of advertising announcements on our social media sites
- Logo posted on CREST's website as a donor during eco-auction
- Inclusion in the elite "List of Past Contributing Companies" continuously available on CREST's website
- Usage of "Proud Eco-Auction Donor" logo to showcase your efforts to current and potential clients
- Allows you to align with CREST, which is known world-wide for our valuable work in responsible travel
2016 Auction Timeline:
- Valentine's Day (January 20 - February 2)
- Summer (June)
- Fall: (September)
- Holiday: (December)
Contact CREST Program Associate, Samantha Hogenson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.